You know how you can help someone with breast cancer?
Instead of buying a $20 pink shirt where only .10 will go to research.
How about use that $20, buy a dozen roses and a bar of chocolate. Go to the hospital and surprise a cancer patient?
I can bet with all the money, you will not only make that person day, but have a great impact on their life that they will remember forever.
And then they and thousands of others will die because you thought you were being selfless, when in fact you were just being a douchebag and refusing to support cancer research.
How about this, folks. How about you donate to cancer research charities directly. No, you won’t get a shirt, but at least you get real peace of mind, and you aren’t just deluding yourself into thinking you made someone’s day when in reality you screwed over everyone who has cancer and everyone who will ever have cancer until the day it is cured, which may be pushed back immeasurably by your short-sightedness and the short-sightedness of everyone you convinced to do this.
I repeat: Donate $20 to cancer research charities directly. I don’t have cancer, though my grandmother died of it, but I imagine anyone who has it would much rather you do that.
My dad died of cancer around this time last year, and let me tell you, a dozen roses and a bar of chocolate wouldn’t have done shit to raise his spirits, because by this time last year, he was blind and couldn’t eat. He’d have preferred that you donated the money directly to a good charity that served the largest group of cancer patients possible. The roses and chocolate idea is just stupid.
- eldritchduchess reblogged this from abhortion
- abhortion reblogged this from social-darwin-awards
- porkchopismystagename likes this
- bekaboo likes this
- cheamor reblogged this from illrandomocity
- sulphurlion likes this
- illrandomocity reblogged this from thagoodthings and added:
- tigerdawg likes this
- honeyedfire likes this
- thisisleniokayhi likes this
- unrequitedfriendzone reblogged this from giovannigiorgio and added:
- actual-fish likes this
- giovannigiorgio reblogged this from thagoodthings and added:
- doinit4mysoul likes this
- sweet-pea-soup reblogged this from social-darwin-awards and added:
- sweet-pea-soup likes this
- theballadofdevon reblogged this from geekscoutcookies
- patrickandmarcus likes this
- somethingratchet reblogged this from pearlfectchassi
- alchemistprime reblogged this from geekscoutcookies and added:
- lionsilverwolf reblogged this from social-darwin-awards and added:
- spaghetti-sauce likes this
- pearlfectchassi reblogged this from erotica-noir
- perdiddle reblogged this from chakrabot
- honorrollsociety reblogged this from geekscoutcookies
- fat-femmekilljoy reblogged this from social-darwin-awards
- starcheckered reblogged this from annabellerambler
- chakrabot reblogged this from hatey-mchaterson and added:
- hatey-mchaterson reblogged this from social-darwin-awards and added:
- ibleedblue reblogged this from ghdos and added:
- naturalmannequin reblogged this from ghdos
- 3-ka likes this
- pleaseinsertcreativeblogname likes this
- teamocorazon reblogged this from whoissugar
- whoissugar reblogged this from baskintheafterglow and added:
- babymilkdud likes this
- hiimles likes this
- hartbraykejunkie reblogged this from geekscoutcookies
- the-voice-ofsilence reblogged this from theartofcheeks and added:
- indecisivemoi likes this
- hamncheezr reblogged this from annabellerambler
- bigmisterc likes this
- themunsterfamily likes this
- adventuresofphunny likes this
- ravingsockmonkey reblogged this from annabellerambler
- violetsiva likes this
- -el- likes this
- annabellerambler reblogged this from geekscoutcookies and added: